Sunday, August 25, 2013

Merry Merry Snowman Blocks 7, 8, 9

Print Friendly and PDF
I know I've been bad about posting recently, but I didn't realize I failed to post my finished Merry, Merry Snowman blocks.  I have finished all the blocks!!!  I also recently added both borders so now it's ready to sandwich and quilt!

My mission - find a backing.  At first I was sure I would do a red flannel.  The more thought I put into it, I realized I probably wouldn't be using the blanket a lot.  It will come out after Thanksgiving and be more of a decoration with occasional use.  I put so much work into I don't want to be washing it repeatedly every season.  I've settled on a fabric backing.  Now I just need to decide if I'm going to get a matching solid and add some leftover pieces from the top or pick one of the fabrics in the top to be the back.  Decisions, decisions!

This will probably take quite a bit of time to quilt.  My plan is to stitch in the ditch around each block, then go back and free motion stitch around all the applique.   It will be my biggest challenge in machine quilting so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment