Monday, August 26, 2013

The Purple Quilt

Print Friendly and PDF
I am so excited to give this lap blanket to my nieces for Christmas this year.  I LOVE purple, so making this for someone else was hard .... but as they say 'if you love something set it free'.  And oh my gosh, it even has bling

They are both young ladies, but I didn't want to make them something in their age range because I don't want them to grow out of it in a few years.  I want it to be a blanket they can cherish forever (as long as they continue to like purple).  :)

For the first time ever, I pieced the back.  That was fun and much easier than I thought it would be.  I don't know why I was hesitating for so long.  There is a mix of stitch in the ditch and free motion quilting.  Also - I used continuous binding for the first time on this quilt.  The bling is a series of 3 crystals every six inches set on the outer border.  The quilt measures 42x42.  It's quite a treasure to me - I hope Emily and April love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment